We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, email address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal information
The legal basis for processing the personal data: processing is necessary for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or to provide our service to you, as requested, prior to entering into a contract.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- supply to you services offered via the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you, relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
5. International data transfers
International transfers that take place will be subject to appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We have one month to comply, and in certain circumstances we may make a small charge of £10. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- Right of Rectification – You have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be Forgotten – In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processing.
- Right to Portability – You have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to Appropriate Decision Making
- Right to Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office – if you believe that there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Retention of Information
Your personal information will be retained for up to 10 years after the completion of our contract with you, or the provision of our service to you, unless we have a legal duty to retain it beyond that date.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is RGL Management Limited.